Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Haiti 2011

Missions is my heart. If you’ve been around very long, you know that. International missions has been my desire from the very beginning. If I hadn’t had children, I’d be a missionary. I had children, so mission trips, well there you go.

I get to kick off international missions in the best possible way. It really does not get any better than this for me. I am so unbelievable stoked! I cannot believe that I really get to do this! I mean Haiti, right now! Are you serious??!!

We are a satellite church. Our main church is in Hutchinson (www.crosspointnow.net) . So, I get to go on this trip with a group of people that I’ve never met. How awesome is that!

Anyway, here are the details:

June 19-25
Fontamara (45 minutes from Port-au-Prince)
We’ll be with A.I.M. doing whatever it is they need us to do, like orphanage visits, food distribution, rubble removal, medical clinics, relational evangelism, etc.
We get to sleep in tents and have Haitian food for dinner.
I’m supposed to get malaria medication, yellow fever vaccination, hepititis A & B shots, typhoid vaccination and the rabies vaccination.
I also need to get my passport, which I don’t have because I’ve never traveled internationally. How awesome is it that my first international trip is this one!!!!
I also get to learn Haitian creole between now and June.
And, I have to come up with $1600.

I’m going to use this blog to update my progress and talk about my excitement. I’ll probably talk a lot about what I’m learning and be able to give regular updates.

If you like to offer support, I’d love prayers for me, the team I’ll be with and my family! Also, if you’d like to offer financial support or support through supplies, that would rock too (let me know, I’ll tell you how to do that)! If you aren’t into any of that and just want to read along this journey with me, enjoy!

I’m living my dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment